Mashariki African Film Festival, MAAFF (Kigali, Rwanda)
Call for Entry
Mashariki African Film Festival, MAAFF, is officially calling filmmakers to submit films for its 3rd Edition that will take place from 25-31 March 2017 in Kigali, Rwanda. Submissions are FREE for all eligible filmmakers.
Call for Entry: Opened 17 November 2016
Deadline: 16 January 2017
In competition (open to all African filmmakers):
- Best African feature
- Best African short
- Best African Documentary
- Best East African feature
- Best East African short
- Best East African Documentary
- 3 Best Rwandan shorts
Out of competition (Open to filmmakers worldwide)
- Short (fictions and Documentaries): 52 min or less.
- Feature length (fictions and Documentaries): 52 min or plus
The films submitted should:
- Be directed by an African filmmaker and the story relates to Africa
- Not have been completed before September 2015
- Not have been submitted in the previous editions of MAAFF
- Be in English or have English subtitles.
- The festival receives films either by Vimeo Link or 2 DVDs, with promotional materials (Poster photo or still photo, director’s portrait)
- Video Formats: .mp(e)g/.vob/.mov/.mp4/.avi
- Audio Formats: 48 kHz sound PCM (only uncompressed), MP3, AAC
- Resolution: PAL from 720 x 400px up to HD material 1920x1080px
Films and a completed Submission form (click here to download) should be delivered by 16 January 2017 at 6:00 (GMT+2).
Delivery details/ Address
Mashariki African Film Festival
KG 456 St
P.O Box : 1925 Kigali-Rwanda
Tel +250788881381 /+250781057725
Selected films will be publicized by 27 January 2017