INTERNATIONAL IMAGES FILM FESTIVAL FOR WOMEN
2017 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 14 May 2017
IIFF WEBSITE: http://www.icapatrust.org/iiff.html
Calling all filmmakers! Submit your film to Zimbabwe's biggest, fastest growing film festival.
The theme for the 16th edition of the International Images Film Festival for Women (IIFF) is OF WOMEN, BY WOMEN, FOR THE PEOPLE.
FESTIVAL DATES: 25 August to 2 September 2017 in Harare
IIFF is an internationally recognized festival held to inspire positive images of women, interrogate, debate and celebrate the world of women, as well as the communities that women live in through films that exhibit gender sensitive narratives.
We are looking for films that; show women's contribution to a better society and world engage with global issues and how they affect women show how men help women focus on the journey of African women are about allies for African and African diaspora women.
- Completed entry form.
- A password protected preview of the film (Vimeo link or dropbox).
- Digital press kit. The press kit should include three high-resolution colour stills, full cast/crew list, directors statement, film synopsis. Posters are welcome but cannot be substituted for stills.
- Please email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to Filmfreeway. Be sure to activate your press kit on Filmfreeway.
- Films must not be available on the Internet.
- Films should not have been premiered or screened in Zimbabwe.
- Films must have been produced between January 2014 and May 2017.
- All non-English language films must have legible English subtitles.
MAIN COMPETITION – Films that feature a woman in one of the leading roles
SHASHA/ INGCITSHI/ ZIM EXPERTS (SIZE) – best Zimbabwean film competition
NEW MAN - Films that feature male protagonists in roles that promote and model gender equality and positive gender relations between men and women
WORLD’S VIEW – Full length films concerned with topical global issues that at the same time chronicle extraordinary journeys of the protagonists